Permits, People & Parking

Permits for filming

Oxfordshire County Council deal with all filming permits on the footways and highways in the City Centre and County - call 0345 310 1111 or email


Filming in Oxford University

For information about filming in Oxford Unviersity please follow link to the University website

or contact

Film and Television Coordinator
Educational Media Services
University of Oxford
13 Banbury Road

Tel: 01865 289985

Filming and Parking

For all OFF STREET parking in Oxford you need to contact the City Council parking team on 01865 252489 or email your requirements to who will forward your requesrt to the appropriate person.

For all ON STREET  parking enquiries in the city you need to go to the Oxfordshire County Parking Enforcement Team in the first instance. Tel: 01865 815071 or email You will then need to contact NSL who deal with all parking suspensions in the city. NSL HELP LINE 0845 337 1138 select option 6 (suspensions).

If you are filming in provincial towns like Abingdon or Henley it is best to go directly to the relevant District Councils for both on street and off street parking enquiries - see below  'Filming on Council property' for links. It is also important to realise that all ‘no waiting’ yellow lines outside the City of Oxford are the responsibility of Thames Valley Police.

Filming on Council property

For filming or using property owned by the city, county or district councils eg car parks, parks, public areas, schools, town halls, municipal buildings etc get in touch with the relevant councils.

Oxford City Council. Jo Osbourne. 01865 252407. email. web site.

Cherwell District Council. (Banbury, Bicester) Tel 01295 227001.

West Oxfordshire District Council. (Witney, Chipping Norton, Cotswolds) Tel 01993 861000.

Vale of White Horse District Council.(Abingdon, Faringdon, Wantage) Tel. 01235 520202.

South Oxfordshire District Council. (Thame, Didcot, Henley, Wallingford) Tel 01491 823000.

Filming on the River

Filming from the tow path - Oxford City: To film on the Thames Path in Oxford City you need to get permission from the Oxford City Council film officer (see Filming on Council property above). Permission from the landowner should also be sought by the applicant in case of any dispute over rights to film footage. See land registry for details

Filming on the tow path - outside Oxford City: To film on the Thames Path outside Oxford City you need to get permission from Oxfordshire County Council film officer (see Permits for Filming above). Permission from the landowner should also be sought in case there is any dispute over rights to footage. See land registry for details

Filming from a boat or the bank: Filming on the river itself or the riverbank where a footpath is not present is the responsibility of the Environment Agency. Contact for the Environment Agency press office Tel: 01189 535555.

Filming on the canal: All filming on Oxford Canal (river and towpath) is the responsibility of The Canal and River who will refer you to ITASCA Tel:0207 494 0888 to agree all permits and fees.